Friday, February 3, 2012

A DANGEROUS METHOD - MOVIE

This past month in Thailand I bought a number of DVDs from the bootleggers in Sri Racha and Bangkok. The quality of each one was less than 90%, but at my house the TV is tuned to either Thai TV or my son Fenway's cartoons, so I retreat to our bedroom to view the poorly recorded films, one of which was A DANGEROUS METHOD. This movie recounted the psychological menage a trois between Carl Jung, Sigmund Freud, and Sabina Spielrein played by Keira Knightley. Her interpretation of Jung's patient was marked by the tightening of the jaw, whenever Sabrina entered into one of her manic stages. I was so unsettled by this mirroring of my own psychosis that I ejected the DVD from my laptop and later threw it in the trash. She was that good. Maybe I'll get to see it on a plane. Even though it's not really a plane movie.

No comments: