Gold, jewels, power, hate, and sex.
Why nations fight wars
People decided to die rather than live
Stupid reasons
I had a friend in Maine.
Chaney and I promised never to swim alone.
My family moved from Falmouth Foresides in June of 1960
A week later Chaney drowned in Sebago Lake
He was eight.
In 1974 I left my hometown for good.
I left behind another friend
Carl married his high school sweetheart.
She was seven months pregnant.
I never saw the baby.
I had a friend in college
Neil and I are still friends.
He is studying medicine in the Philipines
Dagupan City
Neil was born on Staten island
We will meet again
I am not in love with money or gold or God
I'm in love with the modern world
And everything else.
Thanks for your support. In order to avoid ads, please donate to blogger.com.mangozeen through Venmo. Any amount will help us. I do have a large family. My Venmo account is @Peter.Smith.18
Much more to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment