Friday, July 21, 2023

Hellish Weather

%

The world has been experiencing record temperatures from Death Valley 129 F to Romoe 107F and 104 in Thailand. Climate experts have claimed that the root cause of the current weather pattern is man's insatiable appetite for consumption. I see New Yorkers wandering thr streets and subways with a coffee cup their right hand and a cell phone in their right, plus earphones plugged into their Aural Passages. They no longer exist in this world, but in the meta-sphere.

The other day i was entereing a subway train. A young woman wearing headphones blocked the doorway. I said, "Excuse me."

Three times.

Lost in her internet bliss.

I gently nudged her aside and she responded by berating me for disturbing her online coma, I love telling irate people who think they have been mistreated to calm down. Inst@nt heightening of tension from this woman and I said,""Sorry, but you don't live in this world. I can't hear you."

Scowl.

I retorted with a smile, satisfied to havee ruined a small part of her day, and she muttered under her breath. My intrusion into her space had been recognized despite her detachment from society. We have to see and hear and feel what is around us.

People, places, and things.

This is our world.

We are us. All of us.

But not them.

No comments: