Friday, March 2, 2018

THE MOLE PEOPLE

Ten year ago I resided in Pattaya, the last Babylon. My house was on a cul-de-sac. The garden hosted orchids and flowers and a mango tree. Butterflies fluttered before my window. Birds haunted the tree. I drove a motorcycle to the beach and spent my night with the demimonde of the Buffalo Bar.

I was arrested for copyright infringement and moved back the the USA.

I lived with my good friend, Walter.

A basement room.

I walked three blocks to the L Train, which I took to Union Square and transfere to the R train for a seven stop ride to 5th Avenue. This station has its own entrance to the Plaza Hotel. I worke at the Retail Collection. It was downstairs from Eloise's playground, the Palm Court. In the evening I reverseed the transportation process and fall asleep before 10pm most nights.

My total time above-ground per diem runs approx. 45 minutes.

I have become a subterranean like the denizens of the classic 50s horror film THE MOLE PEOPLE.

I loved that movie as a kid, especially the pearly white princess who couldn't live in the light of day.

And I was her in 2009.

Maybe not her, but the vizier of her father, the king of the Mole People.

Not a bad job for such a time of dismay.

ps there's also a video game by the title THE MOLE PEOPLE.

So there is life after the 50s for B-movies.

No comments: