Monday, September 12, 2011

Hail Mary Move

No matter how long you live in a country, it's difficult to become a native. My Swedish friend Jonas is a Michigan fan. He posted this on Facebook along with his Swedish friends' comments; A guy just approached me and said pointing to my Michigan hat, "I hate everything that hat stands for". Smiling at him I said, "You saw the game last night?": Jonas Gustavsson I like how the game played out last night Sven Flodin Was he an American Hooligan :) HÃ¥kan Lindell And did you defend the colors of your team............... Is he still alive? Jonas Gustavsson One of the most exciting games of any sport I have ever seen. In the last 2 minutes the winner of the game changed at least 3 times, but Michigan prevailed and won over Notre Dame. Clare came up with the funniest comment though. Michigan used a move to win called "The Hail Mary move", a term used in catholic faith, ironic that Michigan would used the move against a catholic college. Peter Nolan Smith hail mary pass - most famous doug flutie BC versus Miami Peter Nolan Smith November 23, ‎1984 - final score 47-45 Flutie flushed.........throws it down.........CAUGHT BY BOSTON COLLEGE! I don't believe it! It's a touchdown! The Eagles win it! —Brent Musburger calling on the final play. Peter Nolan Smith Hail mary pass indeed. Not hail mary move. Those silly Swedes.

No comments: