Thursday, March 7, 2013

Not 100%

2013 had passed through the summer and September without any serious hurricanes hitting the Eastern Seaboard of the USA. I thought to myself that we had been lucky and that misconception exited from my skull to be carried by the Gulf Stream winds to the birthplace of all storms. Hurricane Sandy struck New York and New Jersey with an unprecedented fury. Such was the power of thought. This last week I was working out in Montauk. I thought to myself, "I haven't had a cold all winter." The result of that wrong-thinking was as predictable as an October hurricane. My nasal passages are clogged with mucus and my head is throbbing from impacted sinuses. All and all not 100% and I failed to score some Sudafed or Nyquil before my return to the Fort Greene Observatory, so I'll cure myself with a glass of wine, water, and rest as well as listening to Sonny Rollins' SAXOPHONE COLOSSUS. It doesn't make me feel any better, but damn can that band blow the cold away. To listen to Sonny Rollins' SAXOPHONE COLOSSUS, please go to the following URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onPyI9yzag8

No comments: