Thursday, October 10, 2013

A River To My People

After taking Aqaba in the epic film LAWRENCE OF ARABIA TE Lawrence confronts Anthony Quinn's character Auda abu Tayi about payments from their Turkish enemy.

Auda Abu Tayi tells Peter O'Toole the truth in front of hundreds of tribesmen extras.

Auda abu Tayi: I am Auda abu Tayi! Does Auda serve?

Howeitat tribesmen: NO!

Auda abu Tayi: Does Auda abu Tayi serve?

Howeitat tribesmen: NO!

Auda abu Tayi: [to Lawrence] I carry twenty-three great wounds, all got in battle. Seventy-five men have I killed with my own hands in battle. I scatter, I burn my enemies' tents. I take away their flocks and herds. The Turks pay me a golden treasure, yet I am poor! Because I am a river to my people!

Having a large family I know the feeling.

To see this short monolgue, please go to the following URL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noyFiYKlFJU

No comments: