Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015


Every January 1st millions of Americans vow to better their lives and the world. The Top Ten New Year's resolutions barely differ from year to year, since few people ever realize their resolutions. I made no resolutions last year and I probably won't make one this year either.

At my age I've failed enough times to accept my unsuccessful resolution rut with resigned aplomb, but here are the perennial Top Ten;

1. Spend More Time with Family and friends
2. Exercise more
3. Lose weight
4. Stop Smoking
5. Enjoy Life
6. Quit Drinking
7. Get Out of Debt
8. Learn Something New
9. Help Others
10. Get Organized

After reading this list I figure I'm not so bad off.

There's some of them I do without the help of a resolution.

Hell, I must have quit drinking a hundred times in 2012 and I got out of debt by cutting up my credit cards in 2008. Two months of stress knocked off 15 pounds and I don't really smoke cigarettes, except when I drink at a bar.

I do feel good about life, especially when I'm with my kids.

Somehow I got to get over to Thailand more often.

The end of January is the next trip.

So don't worry too much about resolutions.

Most of them are unattainable, otherwise you wouldn't have to make them, so life for today.

It's the best resolution of all.

No comments: