Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Darryle Postcard - Never Send - March 1984

In January 1984 I accompanied a fashion photographer to Jamaica to shot a new blonde Star, Darryl Hannah.

She was good people.

After the trip I returned to Europa and traveled across the Alpes with a Italian cartoonist.

We spent a night in Milano.

I sent a letter and not this postcard from Roma.

Maybe I didn't have a stamp.

I'm glad it didn't make the journey.

Miss Hannah It's easy to jump the Forum Fence Even easier to avoid the guards The hard part is to decide what to do once your are inside. I stand beside a young romanette She speaks no English I speak no Italian That works for both of use. Nothing open in Rome after dark Which is why he jumped the fence. No idea why she's here; No bars, no drugs, no hotels. She lays on broken stone and pulls up her skirt Latin letters impressed into her flesh... Ancient dust powders thighs.... The girl is open for me tonight Such is life overseas on the trail.

Heading north to hike around Zermatt, then back to Paris.

I wish you luck.

No comments: