Friday, October 28, 2022

Jews For The Orange Jesus

After the recent Shabbas I met with my Hassidic and Conservative Jewish friends. All of them had met in prison. For the most part their crime was fraud and I didn't consider them criminals. Ex-cons yes, but not criminals. They were drinking kosher wine and whiskey. I stayed with water, as I was waiting for a liver transplant. The midterm elections were only a week away and to a man they voiced their support for Donald Trump.

"You know his father was KKK?" I asked them.

"That was his father," answered, Yonni, the youngest Hassid, a young man with a lovely voice.

"And his followers are Nazis?"

"That's them, not him," answered our host, who called me the last of the Shabbas Goys. "Trump supports Israel and anyone who supports Israel gets out vote."

"Even though he might be a Nazi?" I was the only goy any of them knew.

"No one is perfect," replied Danny, who had served a six year bid in a federal prison.

"So now I understand that some German Jews voted for Hitler, thinking the Fuhrer might not be so bad."

"They couldn't vote for Hitler. They lost the right," protested by friend Joel, who had turned religious in prison.

"The Jews didn't lose the right to vote until 1935 and if you're voting for Trump, then some German Jews voted for Hitler."

"It doesn't matter as long as he supports Israel."

None of them has the right to vote due to their felon status.

Back in the 1960s almost 90% of American Jews voted for the Democrats.

Now almost 40% cast their ballot for the Orange Jesus.

They returned to their drinking and I realized that my one vote counted for more than any of them. Coming from the South Shore that meant vote early and vote often.

Especially against the Orange Jesus.

At least I know where he's heading.

No comments: