Friday, November 3, 2023

The Cage - West 4th Street 11/1/2023

<

B-ball

Over the years

Two mornings ago I exited from the West 4th Street station Early for my eldercare of Professor Ollman. A forty year-old player spoke with two ballers. I had seen the bearded ace before. He had a great handle And even better shot.

I asked if I could take a few shots. It had been ten months since my transplant. He passed me the ball and challenged me to a game. For money. He didn't play for free he said. I replied that I only play for free. For the game. I've played everywhere. Boston, the Cage, East Tenth and A, Isla Mujeres, Lake Atitlan, North Hollywood, Doi Mae Salong, Sumatra, Penang, les Jardins de Luxembourg, Nottinghill Gate, Moscow, Lhasa.

He chllanged me to play to 11. I said a game to three. He nodded and started his trick dribbling. I wasn't buying the magic. I cut off his right. It didn't matter. I lost 3-0. Maybe better next time.

No comments: