Monday, September 23, 2024

A State of Ruins - Acropolis

Archaeologists are always trying to figure out how the ancients build these structures. My new theory. Very accurate catapults.

My good friend Easton architect commented

I like to think of myself as the Acropolis. In a state of ruins but you can see that it once was really something.

In architecture school we’re told they calculated the angle of the eye’s deflection in order to lay out the columns so that it ‘looks’ perfect, even though it’s not technically all perfectly aligned on a grid. No one considered they just laid it out on site without a ‘plan’ telling them exactly where to put the columns

My response:

In other words they have no idea same as the construction of every megalithic structure from the Pyramids to Stonehenge.

Foto by Andrew Pollock, another architect, who had visited Athens with his loving wife last week on their way home to Brooklyn after an idyllic Aegean holiday.

No comments: