Thursday, August 5, 2010

Laws Were Meant to be Broken


aws Were Meant to be Broken

In 1982 I ran a VW-GTi Golf at 220 kph on the autoroute north of Paris to Bruxelles. This year I drove my Toyota Altis 1.8 at 160 kph on the elevated section of the Chonburi-Bang-na Motorway. Two years ago I obeyed the speed limit on the Taconic Parkway. My friend Andrew took over the wheel. He liked speed and ten minutes later we were pulled over by a Parkway trooper.

“You were going 9 miles over the posted speed.”

It had been caught on radar.

Since I arrived in Florida I haven’t dared to go more than the speed limit.

I’ve seen COPS on TV.

These cops are dying to stop someone like me, if only to check if I’m a wanted man, although that could be a mistake, for The USA has 2.3 million people in jail, meaning that you’re always guilty of something.

And speed is always one of them.

No comments: