Sunday, May 23, 2021

Run Boy Run

a bunch of years ago Mark King posted this photo on FB and wrote the following;

"Would you run? A ditch would be handy and probably safer than trying to outrun a tornado. I was 'chased' by one as a kid in Cyprus and my first instinct was attraction. Then, as tin roofs and telegraph poles started swirling in the air, my best friend and I turned tail and dived into a doorway and under someone's sofa until it passed. Complete silence for a few moments and then the birds went berserk. An old Turkish woman on that road disappeared off the face of the earth that afternoon, but we just laughed about it as another Saturday escapade."

Personally I've never seen a tornado.

If I did and it was coming my way, I walked away from its path in awe. I'm too slow to run these days.

No comments: