Monday, January 24, 2022

Not For Nothing

On winter nights as a child in Maine in the 1950s I listened hockey and basketball games on the radio from Boston and the Far North. While I loved the Celtics and Bruins, I cherished even more so the fading in and out of hockey games from the Montreal Forum, for even if I didn't understand a single word of French, I loved the slash of the skates on ice, the pock of a slapshot, the boom of the boards after a big hit, and the cheers of the crowds.

Only later I discovered that the Canadians were the Bruins' bitter rival.

This video captures the heat and passion of hockey.

The fights?

Fights occured often in pre-1980shockey.

I wish it wasn't that way, but Derek Sanderson was always my man.

Here's to the great teams, their players, and the history of a rivalry written on ice.

Watch this amazing video

https://vimeo.com/150439850

Not for nothing, but go Bruins.

And bless the Dropkick Murphys' ROSE TATTOO.

They are one of us.

Happy 2016

Mike (Habs) and Moi ( Da 'Ruins )

No comments: