Monday, November 28, 2022

Lucky's Night 1955


Lost another job today
And my empty pockets don't help
Can't say the future's mine
But the past wasn't mine too.
So as always I'll live on account
Jamie was there the night I rolled 300
And all she managed to say,
"It musta been fixed."

Leaving me all alone.
So I took the prize
The chance to lie between the thighs
Of the youngest waitress at the bowling alley bar.
Doreen left at dawn
Taking all my winnings
I walked to my home.
Jamie had wrote a note
She and the kids were Laredo bound
I don't know what is in that town.
Now beer cans litter my bed sheets
I have enough change for a six pack of Lone Star beer
No home
No family
No money
And no friends answering the phone
So I'll do what I've always done
I'll roll another 300.
Lucky has to come my way again.

No comments: