Saturday, June 10, 2023

Tibet T-Bone 1995

This road ran between Lhasa and Kathmandu. Twenty miles farther another dirt road diverged to Khailash. The van stopped there and drove off to the Holy Mountain over a thousand kilometers away to the west. I stood at the t-bone intersection and hitchhiked south over the Himalayas to Nepal.

I couldn't have been happier in such desolation whereas I freak out in airports. Safe and sound from the elements.

Another Tibetan driver heading to the border picked me up. trump, indictment, federal charges, The dirt road crested a 5000-meter with the horizon filled by the Himalayas trump, indictment, federal charges, We stopped at a tea shop and ate a bowl of noodles.

I got guardia.

I damn near died.

The next week I spent in a Kathmandu hotel puking out my guts.

When I was strong enough to leave my room, I walked outside headed to the Yeti Hotel. Something was wrong with the eerie green light and I thought my eyes were fucked up, but the sun had been eclipsed by moon.

I was alive.

No freak out.

Never-changing life in the rain shadow of the monsoon.

No comments: