Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mile High Club

Ever since the Wright Brothers flew at Kitty Hawk man has been attempting an endless assortment of tricks and risks in flight. Of course most of us are content to get from points A to B. Up and down without ragheads hijacking the plane for an unscheduled landing in a prominent building. Of course a safe flight doesn't exclude a little fun.

Such as joining the 'Mile-High Club'.

This society is open to those passengers who have experienced sex on an airplane.



I surveyed twenty male friends. Five professed to be members. Three were lying for sure. One of the remaining members said his girlfriend satisfied him manually under a blanket, which I don't consider sex according to the President Clinton Rules of Engagement. My friend Dean explained that his moment of glory came in university. "I was young and agile, which are required skills for accomplishing this deed in a tiny bathroom. It was sort of like having sex in the back of a VW Bug, but those diaper changing tables are much stronger than they look. At the moment of truth I flushed the toilet which caused atmospheric havoc and gave my companion a thrill."

I joined the club as an honorary member, having abused myself during a trans-Pacific flight.

I know it's not the same thing, but it's not like the airlines have a go-go bar in the cargo hold, which isn't such a bad idea, unless you're traveling on an Islamic airline.

No comments: