Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Check Is in the Mail


This is a real SMS correspondence between someone who has promised money to someone else.

The names have been omitted to protect the innocent as well as the guilty.

12-2

#1 Is owed money by #2

#1 you promised payment today. i never heard from you. Is there a problem?

12-3

#1 Are you coming?

#2 - Yes.

#1 - Any idea what time?

5 hours later.

#1 - So much for your word.

1 hours later.

#2 - Sorry in the morning I got hit with traffic.

12-4 12pm

It's morning the next day. When are you going to get me the 10 K on cash you promised me.

I'll come to you, if you get all the cash together..

# 2 - Almost in the city, then I'll come to u.

#1 - Yeah, that will it a happy day.

#2 - Okay.

1pm

#1 - What time should I stop by the store. You have the 10K, right?

2pm

#1 - Are you ducking me?

#2 - Not at all. I'll have it for you shortly.

12-5 12pm

#1 - Any news? My kids need shoes.

#2 - Funny. I'm checking the bank now.

#1 - Thanks let me know.

4pm

#1 - What the news?

#2 - The check should clear over the weekend. You can buy shoes then.

#1 - Looks like rice and beans this weekend and bare feet.

12-8 12pm

#1 - Monday morning. Can I feed my kids today? Did it clear?

4pm

#1 - Did it clear?

#2 - Yes, I will come see you tomorrow at 4pm.

12-9

4pm

#1 - Hey when are you on the way?

#2 - Who's this?

# 1 - Mister rice and beans

#2 - Okay call me when you can.

After six calls #1 calls it a day.

12-10

12pm

#1 - Can you please settle this?

#2 - I'll call you when I get to work.

#1 leaves a SMS and gets an immediate SMS 'Okay'.

#2 - Almost there.

# 1 - are you driving?

4pm

#1 - What happened to your call and the money.

4:10pm

#1 - This sucks.

#1 calls #2's partner. #2 and partner have nice talk. Not fun for the partner.

No comments: