Tuesday, December 2, 2008

240,000 Farangs Stuck in Thailand


Years ago Thai Air canceled its flight to New York. The passengers groused about this delay, as we were assigned rooms at a airport hotel. I couldn't have been happier. I called my girlfriend and had her catch a taxi to Don Muang, so I could spent one more night in paradise, however no single airport can handle the more than 350,000 passengers stranded by the PAD demonstrators' seizure of the Cobra Swamp Airport.

At the present flights are taking off from Chiang Mai, U-trapo, and Phuket, but none of these airports are designed to deal with this many flights per day.

I would suggest to anyone looking to leave the country to sit tight and wait out the demonstrators.

Remember you could be in Detroit instead of a go-go bar in Pattaya.

No comments: