Thursday, April 2, 2009

2008 Most Popular Youtubes VDO


Avril Lavigne's first CD sounded punky to me. I bought it for $2.50 at Pattaya's Wat Chai market. This purchase should have diminished my old geezer status, except my 15 year-old niece groaned when asked about Canadian singer.

"She's a fake."

I threw the CD into the swamp behind my house after that comment, but was surprised to discover that her youtubes VDO for GIRLFRIEND has been viewed 103,202,250. This makes it #1 in all-time viewing, but supposedly Ms. Avril Lavigne's fans boost their idol by clicking on the VDO hundreds of times at the behest of her parent company RCA.

Personally she reminds me of my old teenage sweetheart, Susan Finn. We made out naked at Land's End in 1969. We didn't have coitus. Not real coitus. She wanted it bad. I wanted it worse, but had only pulled her jeans down to her knees. Entry was impossible, so sometimes I think about me and Susan Finn when I see Avirl Lavigne.

40 years ago I still can remember the smell of her skin.

No comments: