Thursday, April 2, 2009

Going for It - Mr Pattaya 2009



"I'm like the Acropolis. My body is in ruins, but you can tell it once was something." My friend David Tidball used to tell me that although the British artist never exhibited any vestiges of an athletic physique. I've adopted his line and my body is giving way to decrepitude.

Nothing a few years in a gym wouldn't fix along with a religious diet of steroids and protein enhancers like that my fellow New Englander, Joey, living in Pattaya. The New Hampshire native has devoted himself to the pursuit of Mr. Pattaya and this year he might have a chance at the title, since the perennial winner in the over 85 kilo class has been called away on duty.

I won't be around, but if you're in Pattaya, show up April 4th at Royal Garden and shout out for my boy, Joey Boucher.

20 inch guns.

And no idea how to hold a pistol, which is a good thing.

No comments: