Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3-Day Hiatus


Sometimes the best thing in life is to do nothing. I wish I had done nothing for the past three days, except on Sunday I bussed north of Fungwah to Boston. My father's 89th birthday. My ass ain't made for long travel anymore, but it was good seeing the old man. 4 hours up, 4 hours down.

Monday right to work. Manny's birthday. After we closed the exchange straight to a restaurant for Italian food and wine. Drinks for all my friends. I ended up at Frank's Bar on Fulton barking about how Kobe Bryant wasn't shit.

Tuesday morning woke with a hang-over.

I spend the rest of the day wishing for 6 to roll around faster. I was supposed to attend a Hassidic wedding in Great Neck. Sorry, but couldn't make it. Back to my apartment in Fort Greene and sleep. I almost feel my age now instead of a 100 like yesterday. Thanks to doing nothing.

"Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.” Oscar Wilde

No comments: