Sunday, July 1, 2012

Live Longer


My family has centagenarians on my father's side. We can eat what we want within reason. Excess in Moderation has been the key to my existence, but now that I'm 60 I have tempered that path with some radical departures from my former carefree joi de vivre; rare bouts of hard alcohol and much more sleep.

I'm aiming at 100,

Not everyone is so lucky with their health, which brings to mind an old joke.

A man goes into the doctor for his annual check-up, expecting the usual grade A report, instead the doctor confronts him with the verdict that he only has 6 months to live.

"Six months?"

"That's all." The doctor is sad because he's losing a friend and good patient.

"Is there anything I can do?" The patient's voice betrays his desperation.

"Well, you can give up sex, drinking, smoke, singing, and drugs."

"Will that make me live longer?'

"No, but it will make the six months seem longer."

555 not really.

The shortness of our mortality is always a buzzkill, but I will continue to live by the words of the classic Grassroots hit, "Let's Live For Today". "Sha na na live for today." To hear this song please go the following URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vno9AcXqzt4

No comments: