Saturday, May 18, 2013

Guns And Kids

Back in 2006 Bryan Le Bouef, a rodeo painter from Lousiana, emailed this letter.

Mom sent me a photo depicting my brothers and me when we had yet to face the most troubling parts of life.

I was much younger than the others.

I believe that I had just been introduced to hard drugs the previous day as my body language would seem to indicate that I couldn't stop moving and I wouldn't shut up for a photograph with my favorite brother and the other one. Immediately after this was taken, John subsequently shot Bert Jr. in the leg with the gun that he kept in that Mazda directly behind us as Bert tried to leave to go to what I believe would have been his prom.

The last picture of all 3 boys together for many years.

Guns in America.

It's a family thing.

No comments: