Friday, May 17, 2013

Exhaustion


Working at the metal shop is exhausting. We construct objects from steel, zinc, tin, and bronze. Everything is heavy and the work is hard, but better than being broke, since my old spot on 47th Street is gone. No one is buying diamonds these days and even my old friend and boss Richie Boy is crying the blues.

"I've never seen business like this."

Last night I came home and went to sleep, listening to the Bruins-Rangers playoff game.

I had intended to write something.

My fingers were swollen from carrying bronze rods.

I barely made it to the 2nd period, although the loud celebration after Marchand's OT goal woke me long enough to hear that the Bruins had beaten New York.

After that more sleep.

And this morning I'm off to the shop in Greenpoint.

It's been a long week.

ps that photo is from 34 West 47th Street and my co-worker is out cold on the job.

Those were the days.

No comments: