Thursday, January 16, 2014

CARDBOARD NOIR by Shannon Greer and Charlotta Janssen

Earl looked out the window. Grady's gang was out on the street. The mobster wanted his moll. Helen was safe in the hotel room. The shadows on Broadway offered too many endings to this story.

I hit the pavement running. My gat was good for one-on-one. I needed serious back-up to deal with a gang.

Grady's goon offered money for Helen. Helen wasn't anyone's dame. I blasted the gunsel with my chopper. Grady got the message.

Grady and I fought it out on Broadway. The crowd fled from the bullets. My .38 ran out of ammo. My brass knuckles cracked Grady's head. He went down like a bag of mashed potatoes.

Helen got in my car. She looked good behind the wheel. Grady's gang sought revenge. Helen drove fast. My chopper shot faster.

Helen and I were safe in another town. We weren't staying long. Grady wasn't dead and live men have a memory. Me too and Helen in a cheap hotel for a long weekend was one of them.

I loved these photo-paintings.

My friend wrote about CARDBOARD NOIR

After having so much fun collaborating with on our cardboard cutout story with kids, I thought it would be wonderful to do one with an adult. Taking our inspiration from Bogie and Bacall, we decide to do a noir story in cardboard. Although labor intensive, it was so fun to shoot it was easy to forget the long hours of creating our set pieces. At least it was for me — Charlotta might still hold a grudge. I hope the whole crew’s enjoyment collaborating on this project is reflected in the results of: “Cardboard Noir!”

Art: CHARLOTTA JANSSEN Model: BROCK GLOOR Styling: LIZ TEICH Grooming: SABRINA ROWE Digital Tech: ROBERT BREDVAD Production Assistants: EVA MARIE LANSBERRY, Paloma Lansberry Wardrobe Assistants: NICHOLAS ADEDOKUN and MORGAN LEYKAM Location: TEN TON STUDIO

SEE SHANNONGREER.COM

ps i provided the text

No comments: