Monday, June 15, 2015

Another Year of Bosox Sux

Four years ago the Red Sox traded away their stars and finished last in AL East under the manager Bobby Valentine.

That inglorious season I listened to one Red Sox game on the radio driving up to Western Mass with another loyal New Englander. They lost the game against the Angels 7-1 and I took a sports holiday the rest of the summer.

The following year my hometown team shocked Major League baseball by going last to first with their future Hall of Famer David Ortiz hitting over .700 through the World Series.

The Re

Once more I watched no games.

The Red Sox Nation was back on top of the world, however the 2014 team sucked from start to finish, as if the Babe Ruth Curse had risen from the zombie dead and this year the Bosox are so bad that now I can only watch ESPN's FOUR DAYS IN OCTOBER chronicling the Red Sox's 2004 miraculous comeback against the Yankees to feel good about the team of Ted Williams, Jimmie Foxx, Luis Tiant, Bernie Carbo, Dewey Evans, Jim Rice, Oil Can Boyd, Tim Wakefield, Tony C, Roger Moret, Pedro Martinez et al.

The good, the bad, and the forgotten.

All that be said I will remain true to the Red Sox Nation.

My daughter Angie would expect nothing less.

She likes the color red.

No comments: