Saturday, April 20, 2024

Good and Bad 4/20

4/20 is considered a good day by millions of free marijuana smokers around the world, but not every April 20th has been perfect. On the morning of 4/20/2022 I phoned Dakota Pollock for his birthday and he explained, "Hitler was born on April 20th, the Columbine High School Massacre happened on this day, and the DEEPWATER HORIZON exploded in the Gulf of Mexico."

"Some good things must had happened on that date," I countered, hoping for the best.

"Name one."

"I woke up today and it's your birthday."

I sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY as I had since I met Dakota over ten years ago.

"That's one thing I love about my birthday. Your singing that song."

"Count of my singing it next year."

"And for years to come."

"Word that."

I hung up and returned for another bout with sleep.

A good thing any day of the year.

ps Dakota is the one standing.

No comments: