Tuesday, May 9, 2023

April 27, 1981 - NYC - Key West - NYC - Journal

A cab ride from the Mudd Club to the Holland Tunnel.

A warming from a Transit Cop.

A ride to the Vince Lombardi res stop in New Jersey

A ride from a trucker to another truck stop. It starts to snow.

A ride to a shitty exit.

A ride to a shittier exit. The snow turns to rain. I shelter beneath an overpass. I hear jets. I am close to the Philly airport. I hail a taxi. The drier takes me to the terminal. I get a one-way ticket, thinking I will hitchhike back to New York.

Two-hour plane ride to Miami.

A bus to the edge of Miami.

A bus to Florida City.

A ride to Matucumbe Key.

A bus ride to Key West.

A walk to Hilton Haven road.

A stay in Key West.

Hitchhike to Miami.

Catch a stand-by flight to JFK.

A limo bus to 59th and 3rd

A taxi to the Mudd Club.

A walk home with AJ

I crash into my bed.

Tanned and drunk.

No comments: