Sunday, June 23, 2024

Baby Powder Naked - Buster de Milo

5:15 am
June 23
Awake
After a dream of Buster Keaton
As Venus de Milo
In my bed
I look out the window
At the June sky
Cloudy
With patches of blue
Forecast of thunderstorms
I don’t want my feet to touch the floor
I don’t want to be awake
I Listen
The windows shut
Against the city
Yet
I hear the hum of millions of people.
I lie in bed
5:23am
Alone
To go back
To sleep
To dream
To be
Buster Keaton
As Buster de Milo
Knowing
Unlike life
We can’t repeat dreams
Except for nightmares.
For like life
We have no control over dreams.

According to Wikipedia The Venus de Milo is believed to depict Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, whose Roman counterpart was Venus. A fragment of an arm, a hand holding an apple, and two herms were also found alongside the original statue as well as other sculptural fragments found around the same time include a third herm, two further arms, and a foot with sandal.

Foto – Buster de Milo. Buster Keaton posing as the Venus de Milo in a promotional portrait, c. 1932.

No comments: