Friday, May 6, 2011

SLEEP - Ill Wind (1968)


My favorite webradio station is www.techwebsound.com

The playlist on Technicolor Web of Sound on is mostly obscure hippie rock rangning from obscure to one-hit wonders to classic acid trips. Here is the most recent sound from the station

# Blue Cheer - Feathers From Your Tree
# Tony Hazzard - Fade Away Maureen
# The Misty Wizards - It's Love
# The Candlelight - That's What I Want
# The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
# Episode Six - I Can See Through You
# Orange Bicycle - Trip On An Orange Bicycle
# Pink Floyd - Vegetable Man
# Acid Talk - LSD Warning
# Traffic - Many A Mile To Freedom
# The Move - Hey Grandma
# Love - Seven & Seven Is
# 8th Wonders (Of The World) - Must Have Your Love
# Jefferson Airplane - Two Heads
# Cosmic Brotherhood - Yentra II
# The Blues Project - Flute Thing
# Whistler, Chaucer, Detroit And Greenhill - Day Of Childhood
# Ars Nova - Fields Of People
# Ill Wind - Sleep

The problem is that they sometimes cue up The Beatles.

And as much as I love John Lennon and Ringo, I hate the post-1965 Beatles.

My landlord/friend AP says I have a problem.

Not at all.

The Beatles suck.

Ill wind stood the test of time for me, because I'll always be a hippie along with many other things. They were from Boston and played the Tea Party. 1967. A long time ago.

Seems like yesterday to me.

To hear SLEEP by Ill Wind, please go to the following URL

3 comments:

Guido said...

What is it that you hate about the post-1965 Beatles exactly? I just love their psychedelic phase. "Let It Be" I'm not too crazy about. John seems to pay more attention to getting his daily fix than to his songwriting, or he was just caught in a dry phase - muse wise.

MANGOZEEN BLOGGER said...

insipidism. I regularly listen to technicolor web of sound, an online station dedicated to garage and acid rock and every time the beatles are on they seem so out of place, as if they were trying too hard to be mystic.

I like them as rockers

and hey jude a million times in one song isn't genius.

and this story explains it more

http://mangozeen.blogspot.com/2011/04/hate-hey-jude-hate-by-peter-nolan-smith.html

Revolver and white album and let it be have some great songs, but the rest of it is mostly drivel for the masses of teenyboppers

MANGOZEEN BLOGGER said...

but i love kissing ginnie lutz in her basement listening to beatles 65