Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Learning Curve



In the movie CITIZEN KANE a corrupt politician attempts to blackmail the wealthy Charles Kane by releasing information that the married publisher is seeing another woman. Kane thinks that he is bigger than sin and refuses to play the game. Gettys, the crooked pol, leaves the love nest shaking his head.

GETTYS
You’re making a bigger fool of yourself than I thought you would,
Mr. Kane.

KANE
I’ve got nothing to talk to you about.

GETTYS
You’re licked. Why don’t you…

KANE
Get out! If you wanna see me, have the Warden write me a letter.

GETTYS
Anybody else, I’d say what’s gonna happen to you would be a
lesson to you. Only you’re gonna need more than one lesson. And
you’re gonna get more than one lesson.

KANE
Don’t worry about me, Gettys. Don’t worry about me! I’m Charles
Foster Kane! I’m no cheap crooked politician, trying to save
himself from the consequences of his crimes. Gettys! I’m gonna
send you to Sing-Sing! Sing-Sing, Gettys! Sing-Sing…

No comments: