Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Journal Entry - April 4, 1981

The froggies arriving in New York's JFK aeroport led by the publisher Jean Francoise Bizot. Later this week Actuel will celebrate their publication's existence. I know them through Bernard Zekri, who is thriving for the first time in this city. He has discovered Rap and Break Dancing, traveling up to the Bronx and Harlem and Brooklyn. I've never accompanied him to the distant boroughs of the city, since I'm working at the Jefferson after-hours. My old girlfriend Karine introduced us. While she has gone back to France, Bernard has become a good friend. I would love to go to Paris and France, although Bernard has said that the City of Light has become more bourgeois losing its edge as described in Orwell's DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON. The vicious cops corralled the street whores and addicts obeying the orders of the haute-class.

"The clubs suck." Bernard has proposed that I come to Paris in June. Jean Francois will be opening a club.

I would leave here tomorrow.

Only ghosts keep me here.

No comments: