Peter is far from a saint
But he knows just what he ain’t
He read my palms
down on Avenue A__
And all the lines in my hand
Read by this
seventy something
or other man
He claims,
revealed more
than the stars
He had the balls
to ever say___
We got a couples massage
A cigarette down by the park
He tells me smoking always
Makes him feel young
He read a poem to the wind
As we discussed our
Former sins__
And we forgave each other
for every single one
He told me if I were
10 years younger
how good we
Would be
And I neglected
to inform him
That would make me 13
He said
“Agree to disagree”
Peter is far from a saint
He makes a lovely teammate
And all my wiseacre ways
Never rub him wrong
He told me
“Being apart is fine
As long as you
find the art”__
So I gave him my heart
With this song
Monday, May 11, 2026
Peter Nolan Smith by Nussy Andrew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment