Thursday, July 23, 2026

I Shall Be Released - Bob Dylan at Forest Hills Stadium 6/21/2026

Last Tuesday Bob Dylan was scheduled to perform a concert with Lucinda Williams and Jimmie Vaughan & The Tilt-A-Whirl Band at Forest Hills Stadium. I had called a connected music friend in LA to see if he could get me VIP tickets. Michael said thathe would see what he could do. I knew the routine. A request. Call him the day of the show. Michael is a busy man.

Tuesday evening's forecast was for thunderstorms. The Yabkees and Dave Matthews had cancelled their evening. Not Bob, but I called Michael to inform him that I didn't want to risk getting caught in a bibical deluge. Queens had been flooded waist-high the previous week. My decision was more determined by Dylan's strange playlist of recent songs and a few ancient gems and covers with Bob featured on harmonica.

The full setlist:
To Be Alone With You
Man in the Long Black Coat
It Ain't Me, Babe
False Prophet
I Can Tell (Bo Diddley cover)
Black Rider
Share Your Love With Me (Bobby “Blue” Bland cover)
When I Paint My Masterpiece
I'll Make It All Up to You (Jerry Lee Lewis cover)
Crossing the Rubicon
Soon After Midnight
Under the Red Sky
I've Made Up My Mind to Give Myself to You
Goodbye Jimmy Reed
I Shall Be Released

A strange a playlist

Guess he wanted to be a 21 st Century Man

His first LPs ended hootenany fast. Woodie Gurthie's This Land Is my Land remains my national anthem

I saw him in 1969 the Boston Garden. Favorite Bob song

It Ain't Me Babe

In 1998 the Sony execs gave my friend Sara Silver tixs for an MSG show with Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison. I loved Joni. Bob's voice was shot. I stayed to song # 6. It ain't you babe. That was enough for me. The execs were freaked that I left. If I gone last night, song # 3 was It Ain't Me Babe

Google AI REPORT

Bob Dylan played at the Forest Hills Stadium in Queens, NY. Despite severe storm warnings in the area, the show went on as scheduled, featuring an 85-minute set with openers Lucinda Williams and Jimmie Vaughan.

DOWNTOWN

Renewing my license. Battery Park. I'll catch the Staten Island Ferry.

Listen to some Bob__

No comments: