Monday, July 27, 2026
At one with everything
The depth of summer
The end of July
A scorching heat dome rides over the West
Temperatures in the 100s Same in Spain, France, Portugal and even London
Fore clouds over two continent
No relief in sight
No rain only more blistering heat__
I lie on a damp shelf of sand
Ditch Plains Beach
The North Atlantic laps at my toes
Temp high 60s
Waves break on the beach
Vacationers swarming from the parking lot
Loaded with chairs unbrellas, food, blankets kids
Everyone happy
Not a worry of fires or heat
Temperature rising into the 70d
Dog owners call to their dogs
A small dog licks my face
My first snuzzle in months
An apology from the owner
I smile
Say
No problem
I haven't spoken since the dawn
Not one word
Not even in my head
Now two__
I shit my eyes
I rolled on my stomach
Onto the damp sand
Open my eyes
Millions of grains of sand beneath me Not one with a name
I pick one Clyde
Close my eyes
Open
Clyde once more millions of grains of nameless sand__
Same as meA Neanderthal
One of the last
But
One of billions of living creatures
On Terra
More one with the sand than my own kind__
No one but surfers in the water
Time for my morning plunge
Into the North Atlantic
A mother to us all
Me
The sand
All__
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment