Monday, November 24, 2008

Let Me Eat Cake @ the Plaza


Demel's of Viennna opened a cafe in the Plaza retail collection. A basement mall designed to cater to the high-end tastes of a city on the verge of bankruptcy. Demel's is not to blame for the current economic disaster, but since they opened the staff have decided that I'm their 'oncle', since I've been guiding them through New York.

My reward.

Cake tasting.

And the cakes are good and in fact I've been living on cake the past three days.

Nothing but torts, strudels, and coffee cakes.

I had expected to gain lots of weight, however Demel's is not making their desserts like a Twinkie. They expect their clientele to live past their 50s without the threat of obesity.

So I applaud the words of Marie Antointette.

"Let them eat cake."

No comments: