Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cold as a Witch's Teat


For the past 6 years I've spent my winters in Thailand. My springs, summers, and autumns too. This year I'm in New York. Latitude 40' 47' N. There are no palm trees in sight. Boreal winds ripped the final fall foliage from the branches. It's official. I'm cold and the temperature will only getting colder, as the season transitions into winter.

My tan is suffering from the lack of direct sunshine.

The only time I sweat is at the 10th Avenue Baths, where the steam room replicates the planetary surface of Venus.

I go swimming in their cold pool.

Nothing like the beaches of Koh Lann.

Another two months separate me from paradise.

I'll be counting every second, except for the moments when I'm drinking to forget where I am.

Viva Beermas.

No comments: