Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tangled Wire Theory


Last night I put my headphones on the kitchen table. The leads were attached to my laptop. The power chord was separated from the headphone wires by several inches. I fell asleep to dreams of Thailand. I do miss my families.

I woke early in the morning and went into the kitchen. The computer was on the table same as the night before, however the wires were in a tangle. No one had entered the room during the night, so I was mystified by this phenomena of tangled wires. It has happened before to me and almost everyone else in the modern world.

Put two wires in a room and they will become tangled like a rattlesnake orgy.

I searched Google without finding a satisfactory explanation. One scientist suggested an analogy that our bodies are comprised of billions of cells and even more nucleus only 20µm big, however our signature of DNA has a length of 3 meters if it were laid out in a straight line. Instead it is meshed by a maze of ever-changing knots by the constant motion of our bodies.

This made some sense to me, but tonight I'm videotaping the wires while I'm asleep.

I'm sure the tangles have something to do with elves.

They certiantly have a mischievous reputation

No comments: