Thursday, November 12, 2009

The End Almost


My work schedule from Thanksgiving to Christmas is seven days a week. I'm fine with those hours. More work. More money. Money I will spent next week when I fly from New York to Bangkok to see my families. The 9000-mile trip takes approximately 26 hours. Faster than my great-grand aunt Bert's journey by sea to Siam by about a half-year, but 25 hours longer than a 23-foot long asteroid's near-miss trajectory past Earth.

No one in charge of protecting the planet noticed its approach, yet astronomers said that the asteroid's impact on the surface wouldn't have been felt by 99.99999999% of the populace, since most of Object 2009 VA would have been vaporized in the atmosphere.

Saved again by our ignorance, then again everyone knows the world can't end until the Apocalypse.

The Bible says so and the Bible is the word of a bearded man in the sky.

Maybe Object 2009 VA was a warning shot across our bow.

HE is said to move in strange ways.

No comments: