Sunday, November 1, 2009

The New York Bricks


My love of basketball is well-documented along with my hatred of New York sports teams. The Red Sox's World Series Championship in 2004 helped salve the long-enduring pain from Bucky Dent's home run and the 1986 collapse against the Mets. I won't mention names. Worst was the indignity my Celtics suffered at the hands of Pat Ewing's Knicks. My squad was winless against the Knickbockers for years, however Paul Pierce gave the Green a competitive edge and the Knicks are the lowest of the low in the NBA.

I never realized how low until sitting at Frank's Bar the other night. The 3 TVs were on the Celtics-Bulls game. None were showing the Knicks and no one was complaining either. Everyone in the bar accepted the Knicks sucked and were going to suck throughout this year.

Helpless against the power of MSG and this pitiful state of the Knicks explained the lack of basketball on the playgrounds in New York. At first I blamed the 'no-game' on videos or obesity, but none of the kids in the five boroughs have any reason to emulate the Knicks.

It's to sad for words other than THE KNICKS SUCK.

No comments: