Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Power of Pussy


My old girlfriend's band BONGWATER recorded a great song THE POWER OF PUSSY in 1990. I couldn't find the lyrics online, but I bow to the beauty of a woman's honeypot. I never feel less like a man than when I'm within a woman to paraphrase a line from Wim Wender's KINGS OF THE ROAD. I worship pussy. Even more than beer, but I was surprised to hear that women in the UK are cosmetically altering their vagina to achieve a trim labia look.

The $5000 procedure is basically a female circumcision of what some women consider excess flesh or beef hangers in the parlance of British lager louts. The labioplasty is combined with a permanent defoliage of the pubic hair. The look of a Lolita for women of all ages. The operation hit over a 1000 in the UK. Numbers in the USA are unknown.

Some doctors aren't scared of promoting the operation.

"Essentially this is just about removing a bit of loose flesh, leaving behind an elegant-looking labia with minimum scarring. The procedure won't interfere with sexual function. Women want this for a number of reasons - some find it uncomfortable to ride a bike for instance, but for the majority it is aesthetic, that's true. Lads' mags are looked at by girlfriends, and make them think more about the way they look. We live in times where we are much more open about our bodies - and changing them - and labioplasty is simply a part of this."

I can only shake my head.

I had no choice about circumcision and have been seeking my foreskin from Boston's Beth Israel. it has to be there somewhere.

No comments: