Monday, August 16, 2021

AUGUST 16, 1978 - JOURNAL ENTRY - EAST VILLAGE

Last night I snorted nine thick rails of cocaine with my nerves on edge and my penis soft as a worm.

My sleep lasted until noon. Alice is already working at the yogurt shop. I have no work, but hopefully can pull off a coke deal for money for a friend of Mark Amitin.

I call Mark.

"$2100 for an OZ."

"That's fine. It's not my money."

The buyer is an entertainment lawyer from Long Island. The end of the line starting with a Bolivian farmer, a local buyer, a muleskinner transporting the leaves, a lab turning the leaves into powder, a pilot, a wholesaler in Florida to a Dominican dealer, and finally my friend, Rick Guadalcanal. My piece of the action will be $150. I should have charged 2200, but decided 2100 was going rate. The buyer is going to test it, then say 'yes' or 'no'. I hope yes, because I only have $11.

Elvis the American Dream A young Memphis trucker sings rock to become an international star. HOUNDDOG to VIVA LAS VEGAS Private jets, Grilled PBJs, sold-out concerts, and Graceland. The light are off in Graceland. Te King died alone. None of his fame or fortune forestalled his failure. Priscilla deserted him His Mom died at 42. His body grew fat, but his fans only saw the glitter of the gold suits. Poor Ole White Boy was never his own After BLUE SUEDE SHOES hit the charts. The Colonel ran his life. Elvis was sold out every second of his life He was the King And a King can not trust anyone, But he gave away things to the poor. Cadillacs, houses, money. He was the common man. Long live Elvis.

Alice came back hsaken to her core.

"I can't feel good about myself."

"Nobody can, because no one hates you more than yourself."

We get drunk and getting drunk soles nothing. Not tonight.

No comments: