Sunday, September 3, 2023

All Alone Labor Day Sunday

Labor Day Weekend.

BBQs, family, friends, trips to the beach or lake.

Not 2023.

I thought about the old quote, "As you get old you forget. As you older you are forgotten."

My family in Boston were no-shows. My clan in Thailand are resting on a Sunday. my good friend Alice is celebrating her birthday in Scotland with friends. We spoke yesterday.

No one else has called my phone. No one has knocked on my door. This afternoon. I took care of Professor Ollman and smoked cigarette with his loving son Raoul. Afterwards I went to Staples to print some pamphlets. I spoke with the young man making them. Upon my return I ran into my young comrades. Brigette and Alex. They were headed to Fort Greene Park to laze on the lawn. I wished them well and proceeded to 387, where I sat in my collaspible beach chair and drank an iced cappacino from Larina, thanks to Erica and Frederico. Flacco the Homeless came by. I gave him water and $1. He returned the favor with a smile.

Alison from Palm Beach called at seven.

We spoke for fifteen minutes.

It was a full day.

I forget I am not forgotten.

I have people everywhere now, the past and future who think of me as I think of them. Remembering much. Forgetting nothing.

No comments: