I haven't stepped foot on continental USA this year. Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Manhattan don't count since these boroughs are separated from the mainland by the Hudson River, although Nassau County is very American. Filled with Trumpites as are New Jersey and Montauk.
Every weekend throughout the Spring and Summer, I commuted from the City to Montauk by train. Normally the 8:18 from Jamaica packed with young male and females working for tech companies, marketing firms, hedge funds. art galleries ad nauseum. None of them working class.
Not so on the 159 bus snaking down the Palusades to the Lincoln Tunnel.An old man got on the bus at 169th West New York. older than me. A cane in hand. Latino as is West New York. If ICE raided the 159, only the driver and me might be left. Now 8:29 the sidewalk are empty. Only a Teriyaki and Columbian restaurants open for business.
Union City. More people now. Mostly young men. I don't see any bars or women. It's a Tuesday night. 49th Street.gwtting close to tge Holland Tunnel. in twenty odd minutes I'll be back off-shore. safe and sound away from America. Till tomorrow's
No IVE sightings or Trumpites. But the Trunts are out there. Still believing the rantings of 47 and his Zionist Nazi allies.

No comments:
Post a Comment