Wednesday, October 18, 2023

October 18, 1978 - Journal Entry - East Village

Alice's trip to West Virginia was five days long. She returned Tuesday morning fifteen minutes before I went to work as a waiter in the Ventron Executive Dining Room off Wall Street. Somehow she looked different and acted the same. It took a full day until Alice became the love of my life again, although she spent most of that time with the unlikeable witch Susan Hanneford.

NRP MEMBERS : Peter Smith ------- ( founder ) Alice ------- ( Culture ) Kim Davis ------- ( Secretary ) Kyle Davis ------- ( Loyalist ) BG Mitchell ------- ( Loyalist ) Anthony Scibelli -- ( Possible snitch or rat ) Clover Nolan ------ ( Spy ) Michael Selbach --- ( Architect ) Andy Reese ------- ( Loyalist ) Grant Stitt ------- ( Gay Coordinator ) Lowell Murphy ----- ( Loyalist ) Besides these members there are interested parties beset by lapse in life purpose.

What started as an in-joke is now viewed observed curiosity, ridicule, or interest today. Alice told me, "A reported from the New York Post wants to interview you about the NRP."

Interest in the Party forced me to confront my lack of desire to be in the public eye. I want o bail, because some people are taking this serious. No one can see the humor. Aren't I funny?

LATER

The Damned Yankees have won the World Series after dropping the first two by blowing out the Dodgers in four games. Bucky Dent, aka Fucking Bucky Dent was awarded the Series MVP for his hitting and fielding. He saved him with a home run against the Red Sox in 1978 and now he's a hero again.. I hope he doesn't get a candy bar named after him. The victory parade drew two million fans to Lower Manhattan. I ran into many of them after work. They were happy, drunk, and victorious. The red Sox haven't won anything since they traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees.

"Wait till next year."

The battle cry of Fenway.

"And you'll wait too."

new="" york="" yankees="" world="" champions="" yet="" again.=""

August 18, 2021 - Brooklyn

Last night the Bosox crushed the Astros gaining a 2-1 lead in the American League finals. I was surprised to read in my journal than Bucky 'Fuckin' Dent was the MVP. Supposedly Don Zimmer, Red Sox manager, once rented a house from the Yankee shortstop and everyone room in the house had a large photo of his third home run on 1978 in Fenway.

Very funny."

"When I hit the ball I knew that I had hit it high enough to hit the wall. But there were shadows on the net behind the wall and I didn't see the ball land there. I didn't know I had hit a homer until I saw the umpire at first signaling home run with his hand. I couldn't believe it."

Bucky 'Fucking' Dent.

As for the NRP, Scibelli did turn out to be a rat at Hurrah. Portrait by Parler Delany

No comments: