Monday, February 19, 2024

NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THE BLUES

No one wants to hear the Blues.
Leadbelly or Buddy Guy
Easy to figure out why
It had to do with the weather.
A long winter
Not too cold and too littel snow
Long and it wasn't over yet.

Spring a month away
Everyone ready for the Easter Break
The Bahamas, Florida, Mexico
Anywhere but here with the Easter Bunny.

I want to see flowers
The Easter Parade.
Not today,

No one to listen to the Blues
Robert Johnson scratching his guitar
Moaning MILKCOW'S CALF BLUES

"It just ran down my leg."

Those hard times Down South.
Ain't worth one fake dime
Up here in the North.
People wishing for The end of winter and the flowers in the trees.

Can't you see the night
Can't you feel the cold
Rain keep fallin'
Not spring yet.

And I followed her to the station
with my suitcase in my hand
It's hard to tell
when all my love is in vain.

MILKCOW'S CALF BLUES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qPA2tZ2gk8

No comments: