Saturday, July 27, 2024

Ditch Out in Berkeley - 1973

May 30, 2024 Scan Production was screening our movie OCTOBER CROW. More than fifty people, mostly young fans or Brigette Lundy-Paine aka Jack Haven were spawl across the large third floor apartment, I told the crowd we were waiting for a friend and related my tale of abandoning him in Berkeley for a ride in a Pinto with Marilyn and her daughter. Making hippie love on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Waking with the dawn. Covered by the brine of a dead sea. Dropping me off in Cheyenne. Her coming to Boston and Ann Marie cockblocking me. I spoke of over a half-century of friendship.

Several minutes later I introduced Neil the audience, who responded to his entrance with a rousing applause as my medical saviour and legendary traveler.

No comments: