Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Head On Dead or Alive - North Of Fang Thailand

Fang

Lanna Thai

April 1990

The hot season.

Straddling a rented 125cc Honda MTX Motocross I left the ancient Silk Road city of Chiang Mai at dawn. Once the sun rose the day quickly warmed up, but after for months in Indonesia, , Malaysia, and the beaches of Thailand My body had grown accustomed to the heat, but not the tropical sun, whose rays felt like an iron on my flesh, so I wore long jeans, a denim jacket, boots, and gloves for protection from the sun and the road. Route 107 led north through rice fields awaiting the monsoons. The forests had been leveled by farmers, but theq

This is of a Thai opium farmer. We had a head-on accident in the mountains north of Chiang Mai. He was driving a pick-up. I was on a dirt bike. 125 cc. He came around a curve in my lane. I thought I was a dead man and struck the front end and supermanned over his truck into the flatbed. Only broke my wrist. The police ruled in my favor. He had to pay for my hospital and damages.xvevrv I like his smile after a dusty road. Yim mee lessanai: The smile which masks something wicked, such as bad intent. Not happy. The hot season After crossing the mud brown Meuang River the tarred road gave out to a dusty well-graded dirt two-laner. The bone-dry hills climbed into the low mountains This is foto of a Thai opium farmer. We met with a head-on accident on Route 1089 in the mountains north of Chiang Mai. He was driving a pick-up. I was on a dirt bike. 125 cc. He came around a curve in my lane. I thought I was a dead man, struck the front end, and somersaulted over his truck, striking the windscreen. I landed onto the flatbed filled with burlap bags on which was sitting an old woman. She stared up into the sky, as if i might have fallen from a plane. My left wrist was obviously broken, but if I had died, it was only to be reincarnated back to this life.

I jumped down onto wthe dirt. and walked ist. The police ruled in my favor. He had to pay for my hospital and damges. I like his smile after a dusty road. Yim mee lessanai: The smile which masks something wicked, such as bad intent. Not happy.

No comments: